COVID-19 Notice: HK Law’s strategy in the days ahead
We take the safety of both our clients and our staff very seriously at Hillenbrand Kozicki LLP. We want to let the community and our clients know that we have taken steps to reduce risk of infection. We are following the guidelines set out by AHS and encourage our clients to complete the self-assessment here:
In addition to that we have made sure that any staff self-quarantine if they have travelled outside the country recently or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. We ask the same of our clients to self-quarantine and not come to our offices if they have travelled out of country within the last 14 days and/or are experiencing symptoms of the virus. We have also increased our sanitation regiment in the office and have educated our staff about best hygiene practices during the outbreak.
Our doors remain open and we are ensuring that client service continues during this challenging time. We are making efforts to arrange for telephone conferences in lieu of regular client meetings as a further step to reduce risk of infection. We are still taking in person appointments where original client signatures are required (i.e. real estate transactions and will signings). However, we are not currently accepting notary appointments nor are we booking any out of office appointments where the lawyer visits a client’s home, business, or health care facility.
More than ever, we want to continue to offer support during this time. In addition to any questions you have about our operations during this time, we are also available for consultations regarding:
- Estate Planning (completing wills, powers of attorney, and personal directives)
- Estate Administration (what to do if someone is sick or passes away)
- Real Estate Transactions (how the outbreak may delay deals closings, if title insurance may be of assistance, if a party backs out of a contract)
- Employment Law (temporary layoffs, potential human rights complaints, duties of employers)
- Commercial lease disputes (rights of tenants, processes Landlords have to follow)